2.8. Choice of software provision method¶
If the software (reusable, open source or proprietary) is to be installed on a server, the administration may find itself considering the following provision methods:
- SaaS mode, if the software is available as a SaaS service in the Cloud Marketplace and is therefore qualified in accordance with the AgID circular ‘Criteria for the qualification of SaaS services for the PA Cloud’;
- installation on a server with direct availability for the administration.
The choice between these options must be made by calculating the Total Cost of Ownership as described in Section 2.7. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
According to the provisions of Chapter 3 of the Three-Year Plan for IT in the PA, in order to install on an available server, the administration must use the PA Cloud, choosing one of the following IaaS options:
- installation in a PSN (Poli Strategici Nazionali - National Strategic Centres);
- installation in a Batch 1 SPC Cloud;
- installation in Qualified Cloud Service Providers in accordance with the AgID circular ‘Criteria for the qualification of Cloud Service Providers for the PA’.